HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY! Are you ready for the weekend? Just thought I'd share a few of my favorite internet finds from this week.
1. Is anybody else super excited for the Saving Mr. Banks movie? The trailer just came out, and it's all about the story behind Walt Disney convincing P.L. Travers, the author of Mary Poppins, to make her book into a movie. (And BTW, if you've never read the original Mary Poppins book, I'd highly recommend that as well!)
2. Several friends and readers passed this link along to me, and I thought some of you other Jane Austen fans might enjoy it as well! A twelve-foot tall Mr. Darcy statue appeared in Hyde Park earlier this week to promote a new tv channel in England. While I think there is MUCH more to Pride & Prejudice than Colin Firth in a wet shirt, I have to admit this is hilarious.
3. This Happy Place Blog celebrated its second blog anniversary this week - Congratulations Estelle! I love the new look and also loved this recent post with some Hollywood-Studios-inspired shopping suggestions!
4. One of my brothers (a big Star Wars fan) found these drawings online of Disney characters re-imagined as Star Wars characters - they are so cute! I think Jiminy Cricket as Yoda is my favorite!
5. If you're looking for some more Disney World reading, I wrote about our dinner at Narcoossee's yesterday on my trip report. My family is not a fan of fish, but we had the best time - that is such a gorgeous restaurant!